Stuttering really brings me down but there are times when funny things happen and I can laugh at it. Let's face it, stuttering can be really funny. When I am with people who I know really care about me I don't mind laughing at it. Just picture when you are in a middle of a sentence and all of a sudden you block yourself and can't say a word. You are like: "So what do you think about having a ----?" "You know one of those mmmm" Ok in you mind you want to say mokachino but you can see problems ahead. You have 3 options: start rattleling mo mo mo moe moooo kakaka chinnnnnnnnnno, block yourself and stay mute, or order something else like a shake or water.

The rattleling really is a terrible moment where you feel like an ass but it is funny to my friends and they just slap me or something. The second one is the best. Because you can see the clerk just staring at you and he does not know what the hell is going on. Well, then you can throw some ums, wells, let me see, or the one I love, Ok thanks. HAHA, you guys gotta do that one. Excuse me, could I have the ummm .... Ok THANKS. The last option should be reserved for emergencies but is commonly used. I hate eating or drinking something I do not want. GEE I want a moka and I am having Iced Tea?

One of the best ones that I could share was when I went to a fancy restaurant with my then girlfriend. I was going through the menu and wanted this dish but it was a hard one. I did not want my girl to ask it for me because I am the guy you know (This is always a problem for stutterers, we want to be gentlemen but since we block at times we then want our partners to do it). Well, I started to practice in my mind and thought I was ready so I lifted my hand so that this well suited "mesero" came to take my order. He then came all well versed and welcomed us and proposed the best dishes. I knew what to order but suddently, it happened. I was blocked, the seconds past and the waiter was staring at me with his fine point ball pen ready to rescue the order from that table. SHIT (Stuttering makes me grouchy and often when I am in a stuttery day I am not in the mood for anything) so then I came up with something that really made the day. I said, in a heavy and imperative tone "Um, Listen, Come back when I am able to talk will you?" The waiter did not know what to think, I mean, who would? I then snapped back and noticed that I said what I was thinking. The waiter's face was that of a guy who just found out his girl was a shemale (btw I have nothing against shemales but if you are you gotta state it up front). He left with a puzzled face and stared back a couple of times like if he were twitching. My girl started laughing so much and who could blame her. What do you do with a request like this? Would he come back and ask: "Are you ready to ..um.. speak?" I followed my girl and started laughing as well and we always laugh when I am about to order.

Well, if you have any funny stuttering anecdotes send in a comment.